[Gllug] Magicpoint fonts question

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Mon Jul 29 12:34:57 UTC 2002

>>> On 29 Jul 2002 14:14:23 +0200, John Hearns <john.hearns at cern.ch> said:

   JH> On my desktop Magicpoint works fine, but on the laptop it can't
   JH> find the fonts.

   JH> Anyone seen this one before?  (I have googled and can't find a
   JH> straight answer) Ta.

Yup.  You can give it a path to fonts in a ~/.mgprc.  Mine says:

tfdir "/usr/share/fonts/ttf"

I managed to get an annoyingly exhaustive amount of knowledge about
getting mgp up on different machines while preparing someone else's
laptop to present on - talking about magicpoint, funnily enough.  Slides
at http://printf.net/mgp/ if anyone cares - now that I look back at them
'Tricky font configuration' is one of the bullet points.  :-)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
 "Blessings to the chap who invented ice cream, ginger-pop and the rest!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk