[Gllug] Performance Tweaking of SCSI tape drives

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jul 24 09:11:13 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 11:01, Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 July 2002 09:16, you wrote:
> > IIRC, the biscuit is taken with an even bigger Sony drive, used by
> > some astronomy experiment in Japan, The tapes are the size of tea
> > trays.
>
> Apparently the voodoo drive (can't remember who it is made by) will do
> 100MB/s

If anyone is at all interested in these things,
central data recording in these parts is done in STK Powderhorn silos.

http://doc.cern.ch//archive/electronic/cern/others/PHO/photo-co/0101002_02.jpeg
(ps. that's not me in the foreground. I have much less hair)

http://doc.cern.ch//archive/electronic/cern/others/PHO/photo-co/0101002_01.jpeg

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk