[Gllug] [Slightly OT] Patch Panel

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jul 24 15:13:53 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 16:35, French, Alastair wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Firstly thanks to those who pointed me in the direction of 7dayshop for some
> smartmedia. The price was goog but they could not guarantee delivery when I
> needed it, but I shall use them in the future.
>
> My question this week is: Where can I get a cheap patch panel (pref 48 way
> punch down) from. I am moving shortly and will be rewiring so all phone and
> data goes through the patch.

You mean for your house?
Ooohhhh... I'm envious.

I think I've said this before on the list, but I did once see
a small cabinet and patch panel system for domestic use.
For all the world like a nineteen inch rack - only much smaller.
Patches for phone, Cat 5, video.
Called something like 'SOHO rack' or something,
or Small Office systems.
I priced one up for the big bosses house once.
It would be idela I think for you.

Sorry - I would provide a link, but I can never reliable find it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk