[Gllug] ADSL static IP address

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 10:28:09 UTC 2002

On Monday 08 July 2002 10:25, Brent Geach wrote:
> Yeah, Im really happy with Zen, even with the fishy modem! However I think
> I mught be changing over to telewest 1M cable service as soon as Zen
> contract runs out unless Zen bring out their own 1M service for home based
> clients. Which will save me the hassle of changing all my DNS records
> if/when I move. My record uptime with them is just short of 8 days running
> the USB modem through a linux based firewall.

I have a BT OpenWorld (5 Static IPs) ADSL connection at work that has been
down once since July last year and that was in August last year. So thats 11
months uptime. We have a PlusNet ADSL (1 Static IP) connection at another
branch which conks out every couple of weeks for no apparent reason. Reset
the router and all is usually alright. Read from that what  you will. Maybe
the DLink router on the PlusNet connection is dodgy?
Steve

--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk

"The sooner we fall behind, the longer we have to catch up!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk