[Gllug] My firewall is rooted

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 12:19:32 UTC 2002

On Monday 15 July 2002 12:40, you wrote:

>     Stephen> Now my root password doesn't work any more. SO. Do I
> want Stephen> to even bother fixing this machine up

You might want to swap in a new drive and keep the old one to have a
look at exactly what happened to you. Might be a good learning
experience. The down-side is that if you are not very careful you can
end up infecting your whole network. So maybe it's better to just blat
the disk.

Just a thought.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk