[Gllug] Linux RealPlayer

Martyn Drake martyn-d at moving-picture.com
Mon Jul 22 15:25:37 UTC 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:06:00 +0100 (BST) Richard Cohen wrote:

> There is an 'alpha' of version 9 (aka RealOne) available - you have to
> click through the stuff to get the download of version 8, then there's
> a link at the bottom to something like 'preview release'.
>
> No, neither 8 nor 9 are much good :-(  I've been known to use trplayer
> http://www.linux-speakup.org/trplayer.html which is a command-line
> wrapper around RealPlayer 8 :-)

I tend to do away with RealPlayer completely these days - it's just a
complete pile of donkey poo.  I tend to use Crossover Plugin with
Quicktime and Windows Media Player and that works quite well.

Regards,

	Martyn

Martyn Drake                 | Email :    martyn-d at moving-picture.com
Systems Administrator        | Web   :  http://www.moving-picture.com
The Moving Picture Company   | Phone :            +44 (0)20 7494 7853

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk