[Gllug] Argos site

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Jul 31 12:30:03 UTC 2002

Colin Murphy(SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk)@Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:47:28AM +0000:
> On Wednesday 31 July 2002 10:20 am, Stephen Harker wrote:
> > On Tuesday 30 July 2002 21:39, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> > > Can people please go to www.argos.co.uk and complain about the lack of
> > > support for non-IE browsers?  Most annoying!
> > >
> > > Why can't people just use HTML?!?!?!?
> >
> > Seems to work OK in Opera.
> > In konqueror, if you change the user agent to opera 4.03 on Windows you
> > get the text...
> >
> With some browsers you can get past the opening page, even get to see some
> of the products, but you still can't use the site for buying stuff, 'cos
> of their stupid use of javascript.

wouldnt it be cool, if there was a web site[1] / magazine that ran a name
and shame linux unfriendly thing.  where you could state that on a given
date, with a given linux friendly browser, the site completely failed to
work properly.

that way, we, the linux using consumers could vote with our wallets.

-v
[1] there probably already is one.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving
 taxicabs and cutting hair.
 -- George Burns

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk