[Gllug] Asymmetric video RAM allocation?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Jul 23 15:04:39 UTC 2002

>lower your colour depth?

Already 16bpp, which is the lowest DRI supports anyway.

>what res are you planning for the first one?

It's currently 1920x1440 (which requires 16MB for DRI). If I go down
to 1600x1200, that drops to 12MB.

Obviously, as a workaround, I can have two X configs, one with my full
resolution, and one with, say, 1024x768. I could then restart X with the
low res config when I wanted to run 3D apps. But that's naturally not a
solution I'm happy with in the long term.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk