[Gllug] Argos site

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Jul 31 17:54:28 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 06:42:05PM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 July 2002 18:23, David Damerell wrote:
> >
> > Apparently the purpose of attribution lines is also a mystery to you.
>
> Well obviously I don't. Would you care to enlighten me? Let me cower in the
> face of your infinite knowledge?

Attributions are the bits at the top of emails saying things like "So
and so said" Using the attributions and the level of indentation, you
can figure out who's been saying what in a thread without having to
see the whole thread in context.

For example, the first two lines of this email are an example: I can
see that you are replying to something that David has said.

Now, to wander off the point a little bit: Stephen (and David), please
try and be polite. We can all be a little abrasive at times, but the
people on this list have an enormous pool of combined knowledge, and
occasionally nuggets of this information are imparted here. We all
have bad days, but one thing to bear in mind is that this is a
publically archived list --- any display of rudeness will be forever
listed by google. I don't want to have to kill this thread in my MUA
because of senseless bickering.

We're hardly on contentious ground here, so play nice :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~;unzip; touch; strip; finger;
mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk