[Gllug] Unkillable process

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 13:51:09 UTC 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 23:30, you wrote:

> ps -l will tell you; if WCHAN is not `-', the process is in kernel
> space. (Non-CPU-bound processes tend to be blocked in the kernel most
> of the time, of course.)

Now that is very useful. Plus when I ran it I got the following message:
Warning: /boot/System.map has an incorrect kernel version

The man page for ps actually tells you what System.map is for. Another
mystery solved.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk