[Gllug] August LONIX suggestion

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 23:40:20 UTC 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, David Damerell wrote:

> On Monday, 8 Jul 2002, Formi wrote:
> >On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Stephen Harker wrote:
> >> Who wants to have the August LONIX meet here. Lets see a show of hands...
> [The Great British Beer Festival]
> >The selection of beers was odd, to say the least, if you go remenber
> >to take your mug, or be ripped off.
>
> 400 beers in one room is very odd, but I don't see the problem. As for
> being ripped off, I'm not sure that putting down 2 quid for a glass
> that you can get back at the end of the session is really that
> extortionate. If you _do_ bring your own glass, it's best to ensure
> it's properly marked with a pint or half-pint marking; it is illegal
> to serve you in any other measure.

 You missed the point, I didn't see any known beers that I like in
 between those 400, that IS my personal opinion, and probably little
 beer knowledge

 I like strong "toasted" beer, 8%+, and I love Grimbergen Optimo Bruno.

 Ripped off, I had the privilege of being able to pay for my first
 beer after forking £8.

 I do have an official pint glass from Camra, 1996 Glasgow Festival,
 this vintage item could be yours for say £6, next Lonix.

 Why is it illegal to serve in any other measure? Because pubs took
 the punters for a ride for a long, long time.

 P.S.: If you have any issue with my opinions, I'm afraid it IS your
 problem, consolate yourself thinking that it is not that bad that
 the rest of the world doesn't think exactly like you.

 He who for pleasure dies, even death enjoys.
                                                      My father.

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 8.2 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk