[Gllug] Signatures

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Wed Jul 10 11:37:40 UTC 2002

* t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk> spake thus:
> Message from:-
> Tim Clarke  (tim at seacon.co.uk)
> Seacon Group Ltd / Seacon Terminals Ltd,
> Tower Wharf, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 9BD, UK
> Telephone: +44 (0)1474 320000
>       Fax: +44 (0)1474 329946
>
> I am sure all of you are probably correct about signatures going at the
> bottom.  But what constitues a signature ??
>
> In a business environment (eg: me !), I would argue that an email is the
> electronic equivalent of a letter. And as we all know, letters are typed
> on 'letterheads' with a name/address and telephone number at the top and
> a signature (ie simple name of the writer) at the foot.

I've got no experience with business environments, but my personal view
is that putting letterheads/'signatures' at the top like you have done
is Wrong(tm). People that read your emails already know who it's from,
because your name was in the from-line of the email they opened...

Stig (doing his best to keep his 'signature' modest)

--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk