[Gllug] RBLs again

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 16:00:37 UTC 2002

I am in the process of upgrading from exim3 to exim4.  One of the
interesting features is it will now allow domain names in rbl queries.

Hence if I want hotmail users blocked I just stick
hotmail.com.bl.harkness.co.uk  IN A 127.0.0.1 in my harkness zone file.
and use bl.harkness.co.uk as the rbl dns in my exim config.

While rummaging though this and other log files I came across this bounce:

refused from mail.hq.bcs.org.uk [194.159.232.250]
sender=<ypg-return at lists.bcs.org.uk> (RBL)

It seems that the British Computer Society has a mail server listed on
the RBL ;-) A great advert for their expertise......

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk