[Gllug] Console colours (Was: Font choice)

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Wed Jul 17 15:58:46 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:43:16PM +0100, Jonathan Dye wrote:

> Is there a way to change the colours of the text console?  e.g. How do you
> invert the colours and have black on white.

something along the lines of xterm -fg white -bg black
You can make the changes permanent but I be b*gg*rd if i have found out
how to do that yet. You can also replace -fg white with -fg grey65 or
something if you don't want brilliant white lettering.  Experiment and
have fun, if you happen to work out how to make the changes permanent
please let me know.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk