[Gllug] (infra red) webcam

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Jul 29 09:20:26 UTC 2002

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 02:40:54PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    The M25 variable speed limit area around Heathrow has a number of video
> cameras which read number plates and time the vehicles as they travel
> between cameras rather than just measuring the speed in front of the
> cameras. There is no flash, just a letter in the post.

I once spoke with someone who worked for one of the companies that
produce stuff like this. They claimed that the system was completely
bamboozled by highly reflective number plates. Not that I'd condone
breaking the law, of course.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"The other day when I was walking through the woods, I saw a rabbit
standing in front of a candle making shadows of people on a tree."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk