[Gllug] Postfix and pop-before-smtp

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Jul 19 07:47:23 UTC 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Jim Bailey wrote:

> Has anyone had success or even experience in getting Postfix and
> pop-before-smtp to happily share the berkleyDB files.  I can get
> popbsmtp to run in test mode happily but when I try them together I get
> hideous error messages in the logs and it don't work.

When trying to use something like a berkeleyDB for this kind of this it is
absolutely vital that both the authentication update mechanism (popbsmtp
in your case) and the mta use proper file locking on the db file and that
both apps are using the same version of db (ie were compiled against the
same ldb).

What is the specific error message you are seeing?

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/