[Gllug] Posting Formats

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Jul 11 09:20:47 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 07:44:41AM +0000, James Tullett wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 July 2002 14:14, Simon Stewart wrote:
> <snip/>
> >a 'tnef' file ??
>
> WTF??

It's what kicked off this thread in the first place. It's MS's own
format for handling MIME (or multipart messages) AFAIK.

> > Because then you'd be *plonked* Posting in HTML is a shooting offence
> > anyway. :)
> >

> Shurely not for an unaggravated 1st offence.

Depends on how the scoring is weighted, and on your mail client. Harry
we let slip, partly because he apologises and tries not to do it
again, but mainly because he's a man mountain and extract retribution
for a plonking without breaking a sweat.

:)

> <flame>For HTML spammers, though...</flame>

Nothing inflamatory about that comment.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former - Albert Einstein

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk