[Gllug] System Map

Harry Jackson postituk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 09:40:15 UTC 2002

Could someone tell me what the error message,

System.map does not match actual kernel data

means and how I can get it sorted. I have not changed my kernel lately
and this happens every time I run "ps". From what I can gather I have
some discrepencies in my System.map table but I am unsure as to what
could have caused this. I done an apt-get update  and it was after this
that it happened. So far the only thing I have found on google is that
I should copy my /usr/src/linux/System.map to /boot/System.map but I do
not have the first file (I used debian kernel package tool so am unsure
if it moved it to boot rather than copying it.)

Harry

http://autos.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk