[Gllug] My firewall is rooted

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Mon Jul 15 11:40:49 UTC 2002

    Stephen> Now my root password doesn't work any more. SO. Do I want
    Stephen> to even bother fixing this machine up

Nope.

    Stephen> or shall I just rescue my pf and nat rules, wipe the box
    Stephen> and start again?

Yup.

    Stephen> Will there be a load of backdoors and other nasties on
    Stephen> there now?

Yup.

Hope this helps.  :-)  Reinstalling's really your only option.  The
binaries you'd be using to check to see whether you've got everything
that was altered will probably be patched, and you'd never really know.
Not worth the hassle.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
 "Blessings to the chap who invented ice cream, ginger-pop and the rest!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk