[Gllug] ADSL static IP address

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 12:04:14 UTC 2002

James Bailey wrote:
> I too use Eclipse ADSL. They gave me 5 static IP address. I run primary
> DNS for several hosts at my home. I brought one of the Alcatel ADSL
> routers not the blue stingray thingy. I've had no real problems.
>
> Eclipse are about £24 a month for a 512kb/128kb line

Just got this back from Plus.net support about the rDNS issue:

These ranges are being worked on at the moment, this work should be completed
within approx 2 weeks when RIPE will be correclty delgating the ranges.

At the moment it appears that some of their ranges do and some don't have
correct rDNS entries.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk