[Gllug] rpms is there an easier way?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Jun 17 03:23:35 UTC 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Jim Bailey wrote:

> This was my fear but I was hoping that someone might have a way of
> making life easier.  At the current rate I will of spent more time
> chasing packages to download than actually doing the tasks I need to do
> tonight.

I use RH based systems rather a lot (I even derived a distro from RH a few
years ago) so I am fairly comfortable with them.

One time where I **really** prefer Debian though is where I have a box
that is missing a lot of required software. In this situation anything
except .deb is a right pain! ;)

> <bitch>
> Apparently so I am told that Debian is a much more difficult distro to work
> with, has out of date packages and doesn't support SMP. ;)
> </bitch>

It's a difficult one to answer due to the way that Debian releases take so
long to happen and any PHB worth his tie-pin would shudder at the idea of
using an "unstable" release.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM		   A great email address is waiting just for you!
http://www.ukpost.com/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk