[Gllug] Opening MacBinary files in Linux

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Jun 6 14:06:49 UTC 2002

> From: gllug-admin at linux.co.uk [mailto:gllug-admin at linux.co.uk]On Behalf
> Of Paul Brazier
> [...] I understand it MacBinary format is like a wrapper that
> stores the data and metadata separately and I just need to extract the
> data. Then Abiword should be able to sort out the MS Word format.

Are you sure the file's ok? Mac Word 6.0 was notorious for being appalling
and driving customers to Corel in desperation. FYI Word 6.0 was the first
Word version to use a common file format across Windows and Mac.

If you post me the file I may be able to get it translated (at least to a
.sit file - if not a zipped RTF) and send it back.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk