[Gllug] Ripa stand down

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jun 19 10:34:43 UTC 2002

On Tue 18 Jun, Colin Murphy made the following spurious claims:
> Was that really the home secretary I just heard on Radio 4, in very
> appologetic terms, standing down from the RIPA bill.
>
> He seemed to be saying "We've got it completely wrong, again.".

I wouldn't go so far.  A sad fact of the way the politcal system works
is that bad ideas often come back in stealth mode or attached to
something that IS important and gets stuffed through.

Stay on your guard!

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net