[Gllug] Meetings on irc, #gllug

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 11:11:42 UTC 2002

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Adam Bower wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Formi wrote:
>
> >  I have lurking on the alug.org.uk mailing list for a while,
> >  and they have an automatic reminder sent to the list every
> >  week about meeting on irc.
>
> yeah but not many more people turn up than who lurk there quietly during
> the week though =) although the irc was really big before and we would get
> quite a good attendance (around 20-25) every week. Things have been waning
> again recently and we also just moved servers to try and get away from the
> silly politics of openprojects.
>
> >  Why not do we something in that fashion?
>
> You are Yoda and i claim my £5 ;)
>
> Adam

  Yeah, the dead bodies everywhere slightly annoys me, the Internet would
 run more efficiently if were less of them.

  The reason why I sent the email is because as there cases where people
 don't know how to unsubscribe, there may be lurkers here who don't know
 about the irc channel.

 And the alug guys do have a point, they have a day and time when you
 have a higher chance of finding more than the usual in the channel.

 I do have to admit that I have never joined one of those, cause I
 work on mondays evenings...

    The idea of a meeting without beer doesn't really appeal...

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 8.2 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk