[lbw] [Fwd: [Gllug] [OffTopic] trip to Germany]

Everard Brown EverardBrown at perpetua.ltd.uk
Tue Jun 4 09:32:16 UTC 2002

Walid,

ISPs: D-Telecom(The giant like BT, but cares), GMX(similar deal to Tiscali),
a few good Internet cafes near to Hauptwache station (exit by the church and
go down the narrow road on the southern parallel to Zeil - you'll know it
when you see it).

MODEMS: Most people are using ISDN or some kind of DSL/broadband connection.

PLACES TO STAY: Any place more than 1/2 mile away from Frankfurt
Hauptbahnhof - again, you'll know it when you see it. Wiesbaden (~1 hour
from the city by train or car) is nice, but a little pricey - the nightlife
has a more appealing variety than Frankfurt city centre.

Hope this helps...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk