[Gllug] And Another Thing

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Jun 25 10:59:44 UTC 2002

>If I reply to this message it will go out as Rich Text regardless of any
>setting or the format that the email was in. How fscking dumb is that? I
>want to have a go at Microsoft but I am going to count to ten and think of
>Green Meadows and the teachings of the DL.

Yep, that's pretty dumb. The alternative, of course, is just to use
Linux. Yes, I know your corporate mail standard is Outlook / Exchange,
but that shouldn't stop you. Whenever I've been in that situation, I've
set up an inbox rule to autoforward stuff to my Linux box as it arrives.
Some procmail/formail trickery fixes the broken headers that Exchange
uses, and voila -- you have your mail on a sensible system, and none
of the rest of the office is any the wiser...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk