[Gllug] rpms is there an easier way?

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 11:50:32 UTC 2002

Jim Bailey wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 06:34:37AM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:41:07AM +0100, Jim Bailey wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am trying to download packages and install some stuff but I am
>>>getting frustrated by dependency issues, the distro is Red Hat 7.3.
>>>Could some one tell me if there is a set of commands that allows me to
>>>pull down the dependencies I need with the package or do I need to keep
>>>on playing chase the dependency all night?

If you sign up for the Red Hat Network (one box free per sign up) you
can get round these problems.

It is easier if the package is provided by Red Hat, it is a matter of
running up2date -u package and it will download the package and
dependancies.

If the software is not packaged by RH, you can often resolve the
dependancy chain using up2date.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk