[Gllug] MySQL Woes

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 10:45:31 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 10:30, you wrote:
> I am trying to implement a database and thought that with all the
> hype MySQL gets that I could do it on that. Much to my dismay I have
> just noticed that.

<snip database failings>

Just to stick my oar in I'll say that an aquantance of mine who has
been a database designer for many years (originally Paradox) has been
investigating development tools on linux. His comment on MySQL was that
it wasn't a real database. On the other hand he has been very happy
with PostGreSQL, even under cygwin.

With that I'll retreat and leave the MySQL bashing to people more
qulaified than myself.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk