[Gllug] Net access everywhere

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Jun 6 15:05:45 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:51:38PM +0100, Alan Peery wrote:

> I *think* that the Ericsson T39M does HSCD--the Orange users manual is
> quite imprecise, talking about "high speed GSM".  It is tri-band, and
> blue-tooth enabled, and nicely sized.

I've got one here, and it can do it (according to the specs) I'm on
T-Mobile, so I've not had a chance to try it yet. Bluetooth appears to
work, and I quite like the phone, BUT I'd not buy one again.

Why? Because the message memory is limited, it likes to keep all my
sent messages (handy the morning after, but not something that I
generally need) it registers all my incoming and outgoing calls
(without seeming to offer a facility for just tracking the incoming
calls) and when the memory is even slightly full (which it frequently
is) the thing slows to a crawl. Awful. Get a T68 instead. Better
features, acceptable price.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"We have the Internet. We have the power. Any questions?"
  -- Unnamed Usenet kook.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk