[Gllug] New to UK - ISP recommendations

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 13:53:11 UTC 2002

20/06/2002 6:15:09 am, "dale gallagher" <dale at elivefree.net>
wrote:

>Hi there
>
>I've just arrived in the UK and have absolutely no
>clue as to which of the numerous ISP's is good for
>a flat-rate dialup account (Linux friendly of course).
>Your suggestions would be welcome!  I'm looking for
>an 080... dialup with a fixed monthly fee, reliable
>service (duh) and clued-up support desk (if there's
>actually such a thing?).

I use PlusNet. £21 a month for ADSL, or £15 a month for (up
to 40 hrs a week which is plenty really!) dial-up. There is
also a lighter plan (20 hrs a week) for £9 a month. You get
a .uk or .com URL, (practically) unlimited webspace, cgi,
php, mysql, shopfront stuff, unlimited email boxes, etc. Top
service, Linux friendly and loads of extras. Shopped around
for ages...

luv Jon

--
Jonathan Harker