[Gllug] Re: Problem with installing OpenOffice - STILL

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Jun 28 12:54:51 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:40:03PM +0100, Nick Richards wrote:
> Sorry, missed this one out. For more detailed info there's a 64 page
> setup guide that pretty much covers everything in Linux, Windows and
> Solaris.
>
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide/en/ooo_setup_english.pdf

Bah, I like the instructions I'm currently following for the osx-quartz
port. :)

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/build_OO638C_Quartz.html

Requirements

    * The fastest machine you can find. It'd be good if it had memory,
    * too.
    * OS X 10.1.x. These instructions have been verified on 10.1.3.
    * December 2001 Development Tools for OS X.
    * approx. 4 GB free HD space for a non-debug build. Source
    * directory: 2.73 GB, setup directory: 104 MB, install directory:
    * 224 MB. For a full debug build, roughly increase the space
    * requirements by 2.5 times.
    * A few cases of beer used to pass the time. On a TiBook 400 the
    * build took about two continuous days.

It's been about a day so far.

   10. /usr/bin/make -f gcc-apple-macosx.mak
   11. go get some more coffee, or another beer, since it'll take a while
to build

I'm on that stage :)  Hmm, maybe this accounts for the random wibbling
of the post.

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk