[Gllug] Fwd: So

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Jun 14 09:17:21 UTC 2002

One of my housemates pointed this out. Given that Hollywood seems ever
so keen to clamp down on any rights that we might have, I can see
where he's coming from. OTOH, quite why the IT industry in general is
letting itself get pushed around like it is by Hollywood, I'm not
sure: we've been dealing with pirated digital material for over 20
years now, and amazingly people are still making a profit. In fact,
it's more of a profit than the film industry generates according to
numerous stories in the Register....

I know that there are some people involved with the film industry on
this list, and that there are others who are interested in the whole
"digital rights" debate, so can I "do a John" and solict some debate
on these issues?