Smart Media was: Re: [Gllug] Errr...how does this work? (USB Flash memory reader)

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Tue Jun 11 00:20:17 UTC 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Jim Bailey wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 12:03:03AM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > Errr.... actually it was a Smart Media card I was trying to access. But it
> > still doesn't work.
> >
> > Has anybody got Smart Media readers to work? I am using Red Hat 7.3
> > (2.4.18-3), with a DataFab CF+SM reader (badged PC Line).
> >
> Sorry old chap but it looks like it is unsupported checkout
> www.usb-linux.org

I think you mean http://www.linux-usb.org/ - that's what you get for trying
not to be patronising :-)

For what it's worth, I've used an SD->PCMCIA adapter in my iPAQ - I was
*really* suprised when it Just Worked - so that may be a way to go if you
have PCMCIA access somewhere...

> I don't want to sound all knowing because $deity knows I have screwed up
> enough times but this is not the first time people have posted to the
> list with USB devices that are unsupported.  The above link is a
> seriously good resource with user feedback and what looks to my
> untutored eye a pretty comprehensive list of devices.

As long as you get the URL right :-)

> Peace Jim

Cheers
Richard