[Gllug] EU Data privacy questionnaire

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 15:43:40 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 16:17, Mark Lowes wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 15:30, John Southern wrote:
> > And as for the spamming company - guess I will get shouted at on Monday when
> > they realize I have just broke their connection. One small Cat5e cable, one
> > small act of rebellion - every little helps.
>
> You're getting it wrong, a broken connection is quickly spotted and
> fixed, however a degraded service from say... a crushed cat5 cable
> causes a significant slow down in mail flowing and takes longer to
> locate... Think maximum annoyance for these gits. :)

There was a chap in the halls of residence when I was a student who
climbed onto the roof of the 5 story building to attach a splitter onto
the television arial.  On one side of the splitter he had the normal
aerial and on the other he put a small electric motor.

The motor was attached to a timer which was set to turn on at 5.40pm or
whatever time neighbours started.

I am thinking that a similar mechanism that started at about 9PM, works
for 40 minutes (about enough time to get to the office to investigate)
and then stop.  Break for another 15 minutes and start again. etc. etc.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk