[Gllug] Re: SVGA console

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 27 12:18:12 UTC 2002

I wrote:
> Idiot question alert: just got Slackware 8.1, installed like a dream,
> except that as soon as I compile a custom kernel the hi-res SVGA console
> stops to work.

Weird. I went through the configuration again, carefully and backing up
config after each category (which I should have done in the first place I
suppose) and it now works perfectly. I must have missed something stupid
in the config first time round. Well, I was right about the "idiot" bit
anyway ...

Cheers, jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk