[Gllug] [Fwd: [SECURITY] [DSA-134-1] OpenSSH remote vulnerability]

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 15:49:08 UTC 2002

On 28 Jun 2002, Mark Lowes stated:
> On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 08:28, Nix wrote:
>> (I've temporarily firewalled off sshd and am using this as an excuse to
>> upgrade to 2.4 ;} )
>
> Firewalls in front of tcpwrappers in front of a large machine gun nest.

Now, now, nowhere near severe enough. Any successful attackers get
seduced into providing a valid email address, which is then submitted to
numerous spammers' mailing lists.

(I'd do this, too, if I could work out how to entice the attacker into
giving me his address easily.)

--
`What happened?'
                 `Nick shipped buggy code!'