[Gllug] root Desktop settings revert.

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Jun 20 20:29:43 UTC 2002

>I saw someone do:-
>
>rm -rf .*
>
>to remove .profile etc however it worked it's way down through .. and
>trashed the system!

Hmmm. This hasn't been possible for *years* in any version of Unix I've
come across. ISTR that BSD 4.2 did it, but most of them fixed that about
15 years ago...

>How about:
>	rm *>o
>
>& you loose all of your source files ...
>
>(Think about the mistiming in the use of the shift key which makes this
>not as silly as it seems).

I think I've mentioned before that I've typed "rm *&.log" in the past
because * and & are on adjacent keys, and I just clipped the & without
noticing until my hand was irreversibly headed toward the return key:

	http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?ohnosecond

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk