[Gllug] Pirating Films

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 16:41:28 UTC 2002

> Snce Warner Village was mentioned, I note that my local Warner complex in
> Dagenham has jacked up mid-week tickets to a Fiver.  Is it just me or is
> that extortionate??
> It doesn't seem long ago that the ABC in Romford was charging #2 - #2.50
> Admittedly the seats didn't have cup holders !!

its not a good reason to pirate films. but its a good reason to hire
a DVD and play for, say, a birthday party with all of your
friends/mates.

when you watch it at the movies, the money goes to the advertising
and the distributers ... when you watch it on dvd, the money goes to
the distributors and the advertisers, and the cinema gets shafted.

who wins? that should be obvious. who loses, the cinema, cause they
have to put up prices cause there is less movie goers, and the
critics are hammering movies nowdays, so folks say, "pah, i'll wait
for it to come out on video/DVD ..."

and the audience loses, 'cause there are more movies, but the same
amount of plot, but distributed across more films =(

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |  _  ASCII       |

 "To hell with pants!" -- Bragi

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk