[Gllug] Postfix/QMail troubles

Axel Segebrecht wiredfutureman at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 15:00:21 UTC 2002

>Why?  Both do the same job, only one is needed.

it was actually postfix not qmail...

>It hasn't recogised mxged so it didn't find a matching alias or local
>user. Possibly the alias file has been updated without newaliases being
>run.

looks like it is an ldap problem (according to rik anyway -> see my reply to
Ian).

>I would guess that /var/spool/postfix is owned by the postfix user, as
>it should be. So this error message could indicate that something is
>wrong in the postfix config.

it's owned by postfix alright.

>Some postfix processes run chrooted and need copies of global files in
>/var/spool/postfix.  When setting up its directory structure, postfix
>grabs the current resolv.conf but doesn't try and synchonize after that
>- though the various package maintainers do try to improve on this.
>Just copy /etc/resolv.conf over /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf.

they are both the same now :)

>If you know nothing about Postfix then I'm not sure you should be trying
>to fix whatever it is he did without at least finding out what he did.

yep - that's what i'm trying to do and then fixing it (taking the typical
learning-by-doing aproach again).

Thanks Bruce.

Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk