[lbw] [Fwd: [Gllug] [OffTopic] trip to Germany]

Everard Brown EverardBrown at perpetua.ltd.uk
Wed Jun 5 21:41:26 UTC 2002

Walid,

More info.... (I guess I was wrong about D-Telecom...)

<--- somebody else's more recent experience --->

Well since D. Telecom is totally clueless .....My conversation with them
this afternoon goes something like this.

Hello howcome my line is now working but the transfer speed is so slow. 2-3K
average since this morning.

Their answer OH that must BE your Computer please call T-Online.

My answer was simple...."I tried TDSL with all 8 of my computers in my house
linux, unix, windows, macs they are ALL SLOW" At which point the nice man on
the other end agreed
to put in a trouble ticket, or at least that is what the service droid told
me.

So I asked what the ticket number was so if I need to I could call back, he
said "oh, 1) you do not need to call back 2) that number is for OUR
(D.telecom) internal use only and I can not give it to you"

So basically what does this tell you.....well a) he did not bother tapping
on his keyboard or even writing it down, 2) they really DO NOT CARE  3) DT
really has not ceased to be the BIG UNCARING Monolith

So what did help....well I went for a Beer and came back home and voila
things seem to be working again.

ps: I did get wise and checked www.heise.de as they have a database of dsl
failures from all over the country and noticed that munchberg the town
beside me and 4 other towns were having the same problems.

Remember if you want to order Deutsche Telecom's find ADSL product. call
0800-DSL-SUCKS.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk