[Gllug] Shameless plug for Linux on a Dreamcast

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 14:25:08 UTC 2002

On Friday 28 Jun 2002 2:45 pm, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin(adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk)@Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 05:15:35PM
+0100:

[PS/2 and Distributed Net stuff snipped]

> > Bah, I've been running one of these things on my Dreamcast for over a
> > month now.
>
> i understand that they make good DivX players aswell.

You can certainly run mplayer on Linux on one (a DC) and get pretty good
performance - certainly for a £50 device.

Anybody interested in the linux side of things on a dreamcast:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxdc

We are desperate for new developers - there is plenty of kernel hacking to be
done - and we are a friendly lot.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk