[Gllug] Heh.. Cool...

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Mon Jun 24 17:27:32 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 12:05:52PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Sun 23 Jun, Ian Norton made the following spurious claims:
> > Why do people think this is hard to do?
>
> The thing that really annoys me about it is that someone (probably
> someone I know) sent me one directly.  That means these fuckers now
> have my email address!

If you hate spammers that much use  http://www.abuse.net or
http://mail-abuse.org/, alternatively chase them down your selves through
the headers and politely but insistently ask them to a) close there
relay if they are innocently acting as an open relay. or alternatively
if they are doing it themselves speak to the ISP.

> Grrr...
>
> And as if my week weren't good enough already so far (Bakerloo line
> out this morning), I find one of my domains has been used as the From
> for some spam fucker.  Fortunately not a real address.

Happened to Lateral to the gllug list with the Nigerian Scam a few
months ago again headers are your friend.

Tracking down open relays and the source of spam has become a bit of a
hobby of mine recently and in the last couple of months have closed
a couple of open relays and gotten a spammer booted off his ISP. A
highly recommended way of releasing pent up aggression when you have
given up smoking

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk