[:BLIP:]Re: [Gllug] Fwd: So

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Jun 14 16:14:37 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 17:31, Martyn Drake wrote:
> Simon Stewart wrote:
>
> > s/buy/discourage people from pirating/ might have made more sense. Not
> > sure about you, but I don't know many people who routinely pirate
> > films in any case.
> >

> My own thoughts on this are somewhat perverse, I suppose (and they're my
> own - I'm not speaking on behalf of anybody but I, myself and me).

Martyn,
both you and Simon make a lot of sense.

It always disappointed me that even though we had GLLUG meetings at CFC
that no-one else from my company would come along. I did try to get
people interested.

As I've said many times, its only geeks (like us!) who are passionate
enough about their technology/jobs/learning for the future who will
turn out unpaid on a Saturday.
Or maybe even on weekday nights (yes there ARE Soho events in the
evenings - but these tend to include free food/drink/film showings).
MPC guys - please feel free to chip in here.

Maybe its time for a 'Rights Management in the Digital Age' workshop.
Because, as you say, things have changed.

I can't contribute to organising the above workshop -
and remember that it would have to be in an afternoon or weekday
evening.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk