[Gllug] exim rate-limiting

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 20:51:55 UTC 2002

On Sunday 30 June 2002 17:55, David Cantrell wrote:
> I've recently had some problems with my DSL connection, meaning that when I
> manage to reconnect, I get several metric shitloads of mail come flooding
> in all at once.  The resulting three zillion procmail and spamassassin
> processes is ... problematic, as the machine slows to a crawl as it swaps
> like a bastard.

Get some more memory and/or unsubscribe to a few of the more useless mailing
lists you're on (obviously not this one :-)) and/or tell your friends to stop
sending you those lame jokes all the time and/or kick your ISP/BT about your
DSL connection problem ...
:-)
Steve

--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk

"The sooner we fall behind, the longer we have to catch up!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk