[Gllug] Sorry about the HTML mail I thought I had it sorted.

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Jun 25 08:40:54 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 09:15:48AM +0100, Jackson, wrote:
> Outlook in its wisdom has not got one but two settings for the format of the
> mail. If you edit the registry to get the format under options ungrayed and
> then set it to plain text which I did you would be mistaken to think that
> this would then set your mail to plain text no! no! no!. This has no affect
> whatsoever on the content of your mail (why is it there?). What you have to
> do is open you mail box and set everybody, individually, in person, each
> fscking entry, to plain text and then hope as I am at this time that the
> next day when you log back in that it has not set all the mail back to Rich
> Text.

That was one of their more marvellous "upgrade features".  Between one
version of Outlook and the next, the tick box in an address record
reversed it's meaning from "Send Rich Text to this contact" to "Don't
send Rich Text", while still being associated with the same field in the
data source.  Thus reversing all your settings.  Great stuff.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.