[Gllug] msloth exchange

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Mar 14 23:32:32 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 20:08, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 06:20:23PM +0000, Stephen wrote:
> > I think MS Outlook can talk to standard ldap servers so you could set
> > up the company emails on that. Never done it though. Bruce is the
> > ldap whizz...
>
> Outlook can read LDAP address books but it's a read-only experience.  As
> for shared calendars, I think Outlook can do that with "web folders"
> rather than needing exchange.

It can, but... I suspect it tries uploading using M$ Frontpage
extensions. Certainly last time I mucked about it seemed to.

However, I also seem to recall a way of getting it to upload the
free/busy info via FTP.

Incidentally, Outlook uses vCalendar, so should be reasonably
cross-compatible with Evolution and stuff.

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk