[Gllug] mailcap/mime help

Brent Geach brent.geach at itouch.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 17:11:49 UTC 2002

Hiya,
Ive come across a wierd thing with mutt after upgrading to latest version
See mutt version etc at end.
Now what I have happening is when Im trying to view a .jpeg .jpg .gif etc
it cant find a mailcap entry and displays as text!
-- (4%)
No matching mailcap entry found.  Viewing as text.

I have this entry in my ~/.muttrc file to try force the mailcap file it picks
up.
set mailcap_path="~/.mailcap:/usr/local/share/mailcap:/etc/mailcap:/usr/etc/mailcap:/usr/local/etc/mailcap"

I have these entries in my etc/mailcap
image/*; ee %s
image/gif; ee %s
image/jpg; ee %s
image/jpeg; ee %s

And in /etc/mime.types
image/jpg                       jpeg jpg jpe JPG JPEG

This is driving me batty at the moment!!

[brent at shadow brent]$ mutt -v
Mutt 1.3.26i (2002-01-18)

System: Linux 2.4.13 (i686) [using ncurses 5.2]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
+DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  -USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
ISPELL="/usr/bin/ispell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/home/brent/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"