[Gllug] Tomorrow's World

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Thu Mar 14 19:07:27 UTC 2002

In message <p05100304b8b66ab31963@[192.168.0.2]> you wrote:

> >  Relevance: it currently runs off a P2-266 with
> >RTAI-24.1.8 running under Linux 2.4.18 on debian. We use a custom
> >parallel port <> CANbus interface to talk to the hardware.

> >hope this is of interest
>
> Yes; I am sure the BBC reported the Linux OS in full (not:-)0

We got 40 seconds to talk about what we were doing :> If we get a
full slot anywhere, that's one of the things we will talk about.

> Gordo
>
> P.S. A real robot or remote controlled device?

Real robot, still bringing up software. For reliability reasons, it
was running scripts to drive it, rather than anything else. I can't
remember how many times the segment producer asked me if I was
absolutely sure it would work...

cheers,Rich.

--
Rich Walker: rw at shadow.org.uk (Shadow Robot Project)