[Gllug] procmail

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 13:16:34 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have mail being delivered locally and externally now, and mutt seems
to be functioning OK, but I am having problems getting the mail from
fetchmail (from a test POP account) through procmail and to the relevant
mail files im my /home/will/Mail/ directory.  The mail seems to be
getting handled by procmail fine as the /var/spool/log/info shows:

Mar  6 10:21:56 MyMachineName postfix/local[2909]: B7CC34F648:
to=<will at my.host.name.com>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent ("|IFS='
'&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #will")

My .forward file:

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #will"

But the mail is always being delivered to the /var/spool/mail/will file.
  I suspect it is just my procmail config files that are at fault.

my /home/will/.procmailrc file:

NEBUF=4096
VERBOSE=off
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.maillists

My /home/will/.procmail/rc.maillists file:

:0:
* ^TOtest at perlismybitch.com
test
(I have also tried $HOME/Mail/test)

Can anyone see what the mistake is here?  There is a glaring entry in
the /var/spool/log/errors:

Mar  6 11:08:45 hellacool procmail[3067]: Suspicious rcfile
"/home/will/.procmailrc"

But I can't see what the error could be.  I have been googling away
merrily on this one and have found quite a few pages with example
configs and tutorials, but I just can't see what I am doing wrong, any
ideas?

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk