[Gllug] Partition imaging [Possibly OT]

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Mon Mar 18 17:55:39 UTC 2002

Yep, partition image works for me and does network stuff too, been using it
"in production" for the past couple of years.

Debian:-

apt-get install partimage
apt-get install partimage-server

:)

BTW, I use a pendrive (you see them on scan.co.uk often) to store a 1.7Gig
image of our Dolphin server initial setup, and I can restore it via USB and
a single floppy from the 512K pendrive within 20 minutes.

Try not to ask me how I managed to get that all working though, took a
couple of days of fiddling with mindi, kernel modules and shell scripts as
well as partimage but it has the advantage of working on nearly any machine
whether or not it is networked.

Cheers,

Jake.

--On 18 March 2002 17:03 +0000 Richard Cottrill <richard_c at tpg.com.au>